Monday, September 14, 2009

There's a Whole Lot of Crafting Happening Around Here

This past week we have been fortunate enough to attend (and drool over) the hundreds of exhibits, stalls, craft classes, workshops and demonstrations at New Zealand's number one Craft and Quilt Fair which as lady luck would have it, was held here in our very own Hamilton (sometimes known as The Tron or Hams).

The quilts were spectacular, the overall winner was a child's fantasy book, I can't even begin to describe it, don't know why I didn't think to take a photo, was unbelieveably intriguing. I'm beginning to think my life will not be complete until I have constucted a quilt of my own.
  • Mental note to put it on the list of things to do before I'm too old and senile too manage it
Anyway, our house has been an absolute hive of activity ever since. Justine is working on these door hangings for Major and his little play pals. Constructing them wasn't without some hilarity, as I read and she followed, a set of totally inadequate instructions and we wound up with the first hanging stuck fast to a sheet of baking paper in reverse order with all the underneath bits being topside instead of underneath. The next day we went to the Bernina shop in town to ask the kindly ladies there to help us assemble in the proper manner, and here they are - the right way up
Bit of machine and hand stiching here
All assembled ready to start sewing
Now, speaking of Major and his play date pals, these pics were taken about 3 weeks ago
Major Disa and Chas

Who farted? Chas, definitely Chas see....


No comments: