Friday, March 27, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes

I love that old song
'What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours
Brought the sun and the flowers, where there used to be rain'
Well I've just completed two days working with real people after 5 weeks training - practising on the crash test dummies, and what a difference a day makes!
Thursday was just awful, I wasn't looking forward to it and with good reason. The old nerves kicked in and I stared at my instruction sheet like it was a diagram of the surface of the moon. It just plumb didn't make any sense to me, there was nothing recognisable in it, despite the fact I had committed it all to memory the day before. Instant amnesia. Is this really me I wondered, I've always been so confident and assured, well mostly, okay sometimes I am.
But now it's Friday night and Ive managed another whole day and some people even said thankyou and sounded like they really meant it. In fact by this afternoon I was actually enjoying myself. I'm quite looking forward to next Monday.
Yes, what a difference a day makes, 24 little hours....

No comments: