Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Great Reason to Celebrate

Last Thursday we got together for the Relief Society Birthday meeting. I'm the 2nd Counsellor in our ward Relief Society, so this is a busy and exciting meeting on my calendar. Lots of planning, preparation and rounding up assistance.
We had a great night as these photos show. I have come to know and enjoy the company of all these women, with all their fabulous different qualities.
Sets me to thinking, when you attend Relief Society you KNOW you will make friends.
I've lived in lots of different places, different country even, and have enjoyed the company and friendship of some remarkable women; women who have the same goals and standards as me, women who know who they are, why they are here and where they are going. I love Relief Society for the way it enriches my life and for all the friends I've made along the way and of course all the spiritual enlightenment.
Our wonderful Relief Society Sisters
Check out the centrepiece, it's recycled from Justine's birthday into a Relief Society tree
We had great fun making birthday cards for Visiting Teachers to use throughout the year

Plus there was candle decorating
And last but not least, delicious shared supper and birthday cake.
No resting on my laurels though, I'm already starting to plan the next quarterly meeting - a service auction, can't wait.




No comments: