Sunday, November 29, 2009

5 Things I'm Thankful For

I've been reading my friend Misty's blog lately as she has been blogging every day about 5 things she is thankful for. I've enjoyed reading her positive comments, and I reckon I'd like to do the same. So here's my five things I'm grateful for:

1. Went to Church today and one of the speakers was Elder Reti who is not long home from his mission in Sydney South. Now I remembered him coming for dinner to Helen and Dallas's apartment when I was staying with them. Two reasons I remembered him, the colour of his hair and he had connections to Kawhia, it was always feel good material to meet missionaries from NZ while in Sydney.

Anyway, after Sacrament I went to say hi. He was looking at me trying to place me, I could tell. Much to my amazement, when I said Enmore Ward, he said "Now I remember, you spoke about David and Goliath on your last Sunday in the ward".

Now I'm going to take that as a compliment as the only talks I remember from almost 2 years ago, are those that really made an impression on me.

2. The next two are from yesterday, but they still count. Had a great time at our Ward beach camp. We stayed at Waihi beach and had the most fun time doing all the usual things you do at the beach but instead of it being with my family it was with our Ward family. I hope Bishop makes it an annual event.

3. Justine and I went to see New Moon for the second time last night, I liked it better second time around. I'm now the proud owner of a New Moon bucket that the popcorn came in. The wolf scenes in the movie are so much better than my imagination made them when I read the book.

4. Major and I went to visit my first cousin Jocelyn this morning. She is turning 79 next week and Major put on his cutest smiles and goos for her. Lucky he's not crawling yet as she had lots of treasures everywhere that he would love to have dribbled all over if only he could have reached them.

5. I'm greatful for reading your blogs about Thanksgiving. We don't celebrate it in NZ, I think that's a shame, seems to me its a fine tradition. And it seems to bring families together and I like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My husband keeps on calling me a "Cougar" because all I talk about is how hot the wolves are in "New Moon"